Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Wed Aug 30, 2000  7:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognition

Lloyd Hanson wrote:
> ...Thus the recognizable head voice tone. Even if
> the singer purposefully dampens many of the partials in the head
> voice to give the tone a more intimate, personal quality, it is still
> head voice if the vocal folds are functioning as described at the
> beginning of this paragraph. A knowing teacher or singer can tell
> the difference from the sound alone. Fischer-Diskau used this
> technique a lot. Many tenors do. It is not falsetto.

Just for clarification, is this the sound of most English lyric tenors in
the G4+ region as opposed to Pavarotti's climactic high Cs (which I think
of as an extension of his chest production)? Thanks...

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3796 Re: Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognitio Lloyd W. Hanson   Thu  8/31/2000   3 KB
3798 Re: Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognitio Tako Oda   Thu  8/31/2000   3 KB

emusic.com