Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jennifer" <jennibri@i...>
Date:  Wed Aug 30, 2000  6:10 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Isabelle' proposal

> he could simply have people pay him through PayPal (http://www.x.com/).
> We've used it both to pay and to be paid for services, and it works fine.

Unfortunately PayPal only works for people in the US. He could, however, set
up a credit card account at a local bank and set up a form on the website to
enable people to make contributions.

On another note, I am against a mandatory subscription because I think it
would be a deterrent for poorer singers, as well as young people (and then
there's the issue of consent that'll come up for children). However, if
there was a convenient way for people to send money, such as a secure form
on the website to submit credit card information, I'm sure people who can
afford to contribute would be happy to. And since it would be much easier
than mailing something, more people probably would than before.

Vocalist-temporary has been an okay substitute, but it would be nice to go
back to a format without ads on each message, especially now that the ads
have moved to the top of each e-mail.

Jennifer

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3794 Re: Isabelle' proposal velluti@c...   Wed  8/30/2000   2 KB