Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Tue Aug 29, 2000  8:01 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Falsetto Recognition & Different uses of the term "H...

good point, michael. many people think a verdi baritone should sound like a
side of beef in a wig but, if we listen to battistini (not bastianini), we
have a totally different idea about what the verdi baritone should be. i
think this is why fischer-dieskau was overlooked as a great verdi singer (his
posa and iago are, to me, the way they should be sung). imagine if andreas
schmidt and thomas hampson were allowed to sing di luna or macbeth or iago.
it would certainly be different from the single volumed bellowing we have
heard in the last thirty years.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3758 Re: Falsetto Recognition & Different uses of the RALUCOB@a...   Tue  8/29/2000   4 KB