Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Sun Aug 27, 2000  12:37 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Different uses of the term "Head Voice"

> by contrast when he sang loudly, his voice sounded much
> > more effortful.
>
>I usually would not comment on a personal taste in singing, but since we
>are talking about one of _the_ perfect vocal techniques, can you specify
>what recordings (musical selections, year recorded, recording label) you
>find Bjoerling's voice "effortful"?
>
>Mark Montgomery

Gee Mark this has the potential to be explosive!
Let me add to it. I contend that 1939 was a watershed year for Bjoerling.
He altered and consolidated his technique, is what I hear in the recordings.
Darn, now I'll have to go and re-research all the reasons I decided on that!!

Regards Reg

emusic.com