Vocalist.org archive

From:  velluti@c...
Date:  Sat Aug 26, 2000  10:44 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "Cry to Heaven" as an opera?

It's all a matter of taste; whenever a novelist creates a character (like
Tonio) he has to be the
best !! A male soprano may well emerge who would suit you (and the potential
role); advances
are being made all the time. I admit I didn't care for his costume on the CD
cover.
I don't know whether anyone has ever considered asking any /female sopranos/ to
sing the
Farinelli (and allied) arias ? Aside from the "morphed" version, no woman has
ever tried, but
please correct if I am wrong and direct me to the appropriate singer.
You didn't mention "Porporino" (the pastiche to which I referred); the soprano
castrato there
was sung by the tenor Bruce Brewer; in the reviews, he did very well.
Just a few thoughts.
Elsa

emusic.com