Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Mon Aug 21, 2000  5:05 am
Subject:  head voice/falsetto WAS: Farinelli

Ciro wrote:

> Edson Cordeiro no longer sings as a Falsettist, in fact he has lost his
> super-acuti after straining on a reckless
> schedules of shows. Nowadays he is singing mainly in his modal register,
> with ocasional falsetto, but it no longer has the quality it used to
> possess.
>
> He is an aquaintance of mine and I tell you, he sings a opening scene of
> Madama Butterfly like a diva

Hi, Ciro.

and I know he smokes like crazy!!!! In fact, he'd been having problems with
his voice for quite a long time. I don't think, however, that it came to
happen due to reckless schedules, but due to lack of preparation. BTW, most
of the people I know who sings mostly in falsetto or head voice, like Edson
Cordeiro and Andre Matos from Angra, and also the ex-vocalist on Judas
Priest and the ex-vocalist on Helloween, can't keep on doing that for a too
long. I think, however, that it comes from the way they do it, not the fact
of their doing it. I think they must end up straining their voices by
overblowing their vocal cords, like careless belting. Maybe Cordeiro can
still sing the way he used to, but now he must be blaming his register not
his technique for that.

Best regards,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com