Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sun Aug 20, 2000  11:59 pm
Subject:  BIG BROTHER

Hello, Listers.

I'm sending this e-mail to try to stop the whole Big Brother affair I
unwillingly caused.

First of all, those of you who can't tell the difference between a white lie
and one meant to be harmful, YOU have a problem, not me.

Also, I've been receiving supposedly humorous jokes from Vocalist for months
and that does not upset me. To tell you the truth, I rarely laugh at any
jokes told by anyone and I can't understand how someone can spend time
reading them, but I respect that, since I don't believe I'm the magnetic
center of Earth.

Third, those of you who complain about jokes unrelated to music on the list,
should have complained about the msg in the first place, even when you
thought it was not bogus, since it would then be a serious msg but still
unrelated to music. Once you accessed the site you've lost the right to
complain about that kind of joke here. BTW, I won't do that anymore, it's
that I just couldn't resist. I took the msg as seriously as most of you did
when I got it, and when I saw the baby monkey on the site I was completely
amazed. I was so easily fooled because I just read about 'Echelon' ( as
posted later. I hope you have read that too. That's much more important than
the picture site ) last week and the website seemed to be a confirmation of
that.

Last but not least, if you entered your private information into the site,
it was at your own risk, since I can send any msg I want to but it's
completely impossible for me or anyone to force you to give out your private
information. I think you're reacting emotionally to the fact that you were
fooled ( just like I myself was ) and trying to rationalize your anger at me
by saying that what I did was morally incorrect. I think that overreaction
has more to say about you than about me.

I won't talk about his anymore, and those of you who still want to make that
into something more serious than it really is, all I can say is: go get a
life!

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com