Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Aug 20, 2000  10:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] BIG BROTHER.postscript

In a message dated 08/20/2000 1:47:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
trenymusic@m... writes:

<< What state has this world come to when we cannot even play a joke on
people. I understand this is a classically oriented site, but lets not keep
the "arrogant" stereotype with it! >>

I'm actually the one who started it, and I didn't mean for it to be arrogant.
I honestly thought that Caio had been sent some kind of bogus site that he
was getting upset about, and when I went to it, I didn't even type in my
vital information, because doing so makes me nervous. There are too many
viruses and too many scam artists out there for me to share information with
... I had no idea that this was a joke, I have a very good sense of humor --
for a classical singer :) -- I seriously thought that this was some kind of
scam and was just saying that I thought we should watch out for this kind of
thing.

And as far as jokes, I think that it's better if we confine jokes on the list
to music-related, whether they're classical or not. Personally, I only send
jokes to people I know well, and only send jokes that I think they'll like.
Otherwise, I don't want to waste their time!

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com