Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jennifer L. Fretwell" <jfretwell@h...>
Date:  Sat Aug 19, 2000  7:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF-TOPIC: "COOKIES"

Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF-TOPIC: "COOKIES"
> Frankly, I'm regretting clicking
>on it because now they probably have a "cookie" for me....

Cookies are files on your computer's hard drive not the server of the site you visited. Go to the "preferences" option on your browser - if you hunt around you will find a cookies section and you can delete the cookies you don't want on your hard drive. On the Mac version of internet Explorer, for example, I go to the "File" drop-down menu, select preferences, then cookies, and I can see the list of every cookie on my hard drive (and there are lots!) Most browsers allow you to set cookie preferences such as warning you whenever you are entering a site with cookies. That will, however, annoy the heck out of you because most commercial sites use cookies and you'll be getting warnings left and right.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer Fretwell, soprano

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3603 Re: OFF-TOPIC: "COOKIES" Jennifer   Sat  8/19/2000   3 KB

emusic.com