Vocalist.org archive

From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Thu Aug 17, 2000  3:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Over-intellectualization.

At 05:54 AM 8/17/00 -0700, you wrote:
> Though I've been taking singing lessons on and off for the better
>part of six years now, for whatever reason, I've made very little
>progress. In fact, at times, it feels like I've actually gotten worse. . .
> My first real problem is that I'm not sure I'm doing this, and I
>don't know how to tell if I am.

I don't believe that it is appropriate for the teacher to blame the student for lack of success using a term such as "over intellectualizing."

Perhaps you need a new perspective (6 years is a long time). Remember, you are paying for lessons (I assume). Begin looking, have some trial lessons, and see if you find a teacher you'd prefer.

Good luck.
Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965

emusic.com