Vocalist.org archive

From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Wed Aug 16, 2000  6:33 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vocal problem/developing extreme frustration

At 08:15 PM 8/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I have reached a point where I am so frustrated I don't know what to do.
. . . There was a while before that when
>these notes there were just coming out, but they were very light in weight
>and timbre-not exactly shrill, but bright. As I have connected more of the
>characteristics of the lower mechanism with my upper voice, I find that I
>now am having major problems in this region. It feels as though it is
>getting worse, not better.. . .

A vocal mal orientation is normal for a period following new phonation patterns or vocal growth. If it doesn't resolve in a few months, reconsider what is being done. Let your voice teacher know of all your concerns. The answers more than likely will be found in lesson.

Good luck.
Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965

emusic.com