Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Wed Aug 16, 2000  4:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vocal problem/developing extreme frustration

Sandra wrote:

>How can losing notes in the
mid-range be a normal part of my voice evolving?

As your voice grows and develops and changes and strengthens, there may be
many odd things that happen during the process. I can remember the time
when I would not sing in public any piece that started on D5, because I could
not be sure that the note would come out (This was AFTER I had a master's
degree!). I can also recall the time when I had to warm up FOREVER before I
felt ready to sing. Yes, it is ever so frustrating, and you do want to scream
and tear your hair. (Scream gently, please!) You must simply be patient and
keep working slowly and steadily. Time is your friend.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com