Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Todd A. Moore" <toddmo29@i...>
Date:  Tue Aug 15, 2000  3:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] percussion group

The group you are refering to is called 'Stomp.' They started in England and
has been touring for at least the last five years. The group is constantly
changing members, and the routine has some constants, but a lot of variation on
themes and new ideas all the time. They use brooms, matches, pots and pans,
differing lenghts of plastic tubing and even news papers, and yes, even the
kitchen sink. I love seeing them perform and highly recommend them.

Naomi Gurt Lind wrote:

> >Last year I participated in a course about musical pedagogy. The teacher
> >showed us a video about a group of percussionists that made music with not
> >usual instruments such as construction tools, sticks and water... Their
> >name was something like "The Stumps". I found this video quite interesting
> >for my students so I wrote down the name but... I have lost it :·( I have
> >been looking for this video here in Spain and also in Paris, and also in
> >the Web!
>
> Could it be STOMP? This was a major hit on Broadway a couple of seasons
> back, involving percussion and dance using found objects.
>
> Naomi

emusic.com