Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue Aug 15, 2000  12:30 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Post-audition etiquette

Jennifer wrote:

> I went to my first musical theatre audition yesterday. I'd tell you how I
> did, but I have absolutely no idea what was going on in the heads of the
> auditioners. Anyway, they told me they'd be calling everyone (successful or
> not) either yesterday or today. I haven't received a phone call yet, but
> there were a lot of people auditioning.

> Anyway, my question is whether it would be okay to ask for feedback when I
> get the call (if I didn't get a part)?

Go ahead and ask, but be prepared for the person making the call not being able
to tell
you anything. Also, don't be surprised if you don't get a call, even though
they said
they would. The rule in my experience is that I don't get a call unless they
want me for
callbacks. Though sometimes for chorus slots they don't need you for
callbacks, either,
and you get cast. But it's always OK to call and ask if you don't get a call
from them,
and then you can use the opportunity to ask for some feedback. And I always
like to know
who they DID cast, because that gives me the best idea of what they were
looking for - I
often find this out through the grapevine, which you'll get clued into (if you
aren't
already) after you've been to a few of these auditions.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com