Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Mon Aug 14, 2000  8:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Paul Robeson, Wow

Hi CC!

I have to say that Paul Robeson is certainly one of my
favourite singers, and one of the most gifted artists
of the twentieth century.

There is something very special in the wonderful
vibrant quality of his voice, which to my mind, puts
him in a class of his own when comparing him (always
an odious task!) with other basses of the time. His
singing touches the heart with it's empathatic
feeling, and rich, large quality.

His speaking voice too, in the plays he did was very
telling. All I can say, is just enjoy the wonderful
legacy of records he left us.

Best wishes,

Ian Belsey. Voice technician. Bromley, Kent, England