Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Aug 14, 2000  8:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Repertoire - anthologies

At any rate, that's how I ended up with Gluck's "O del mio dolce ardor" in
three different keys. BTW, does anyone know if this is sung by Helen, or by
Paris? (It's from "Paride ed Elena.")

My teacher has me working on this to help smooth out my line. Nice to have
a choice of keys.

Liz

>From: "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>

>Merry wrote:
>
> >>i can't help but think that, if you buy this anthology with a sampling
>of
>several composers, you would be getting a lot of duplication when you go to
>buy the volumes of each individual composer, and i would think you would
>want
>those if you are studying seriously.

And wise Dr. Diane replied:

>On the other hand, duplication is not necessarily a bad thing. And most
>beginning singers need a broader sampling of composers, so it can be good
>buy the anthology early on, and add the single composer volumes as time and
>money permit.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I think gasoline should cost 49 cents a gallon. No, darn it, make that 29
cents a gallon! Also the gas-station attendants should pump it for you. And
when you get home, you should be able to watch Milton Berle on your Philco
TV. --Dave Barry