Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sun Aug 13, 2000  4:49 am
Subject:  TECHNIQUE

Hi, everyone.

There's something I'd like to ask you all at the same time. Whatever you say
may be helpful to me.

Today I restarted taking classes with my previous teacher. He has the most
amazing voice I've ever heard. He has that 'ping' in his voice that people
want so much, although he sings rock, not opera.

We talked a lot about technique, since what he does is completely the
opposite of what I've read from most books and posts here on the list. He
controls pitch solely by raising his larynx. I questioned him about that and
he said that it HAS TO HAPPEN. When I tried to open the mouth open wide for
higher notes he said I shouldn't do that, but work with the larynx only
and also always keep my tongue flat at the bottom of the mouth, but that's
common ).

All other teachers I've had say exactly the opposite, but none of them can
sing as well as he does. He can do just anything, even the whistle tone. His
voice is placed forward in the mask, his 'AH' is so clear that I think
Italians would envy him. He says his technique is basically the same as
Jeffrey Allen's, but Jeffrey himself recommends to keep your larynx down.
I'll keep the classes with him, just to see where it's going to lead me to,
but I'd like you to share what you think of what I told you.

Thank you,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3477 Re: TECHNIQUE DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Sun  8/13/2000   2 KB
3478 Re: TECHNIQUE Lloyd W. Hanson   Sun  8/13/2000   12 KB
3479 Re: TECHNIQUE Lisa M Olson   Sun  8/13/2000   3 KB
3480 Re: TECHNIQUE Caio Rossi   Sun  8/13/2000   6 KB
3482 Re: TECHNIQUE Ian Belsey   Sun  8/13/2000   2 KB
3483 Re: TECHNIQUE Lloyd W. Hanson   Sun  8/13/2000   3 KB

emusic.com