Vocalist.org archive

From:  LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Sat Aug 12, 2000  1:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] technical question

Dear jc,
I'll try to answer in a non technical way. Perhaps one of the Docs or Voice
Techs could as well. I'm certain that they know more about it than I do. I
just want to help if I can.
You asked:
> What is it called when there is an extra sound ?
> My voice is normally crystal clear and ringy ,especially
> in my upper register. Sometimes however,there is a
> slightly detectable static sound or hiss...Anyone know
< what this is?
If it's after you've been singing for a while, it could be only a slight
swelling.
Is it intermittent?
Does it happen after you've been singing for a fairly long period of time,
say 30 minutes of constant singing?
If you continue after it begins to become apparent, do you become hoarse?
Have you taped yourself to see if the sound is just inside your head or is it
apparent to everyone listening?
Has it become gradually and increasingly more apparent in your singing?
Warmest regards,
Les

emusic.com