Vocalist.org archive

From:  kerubiino@h...
Date:  Sat Aug 12, 2000  7:09 am
Subject:  La Scala War and Peace

I will be seeing the War and Peace by Prokofviev at La Scala in
October. I have two recordings, Galina Vishnyevskaya
(Erato/Rostropovitsh) and Jelena Prokina (Philips/Gergiev), are there
others that any listers would like to bring to my attention?

I have never seen this opera before and would like to be well
prepared when I go. It is a massive oeuvre, over four hours long and
has 71 solo parts!!! Historically this is an interesting piece, I
would love to hear from people who have seen it! I would also
appreciate any information about the cast in Milan, as I have no
details on that yet.

Naturally, I am greatly looking forward to this!

Gratefully, Kerubiino

"A singer never finishes learning: The progress of a singer who works
at his art ends only with his life; the loss of his voice does not
bring his work to a halt, for the real work of singing is mental."
-Reynaldo Hahn

emusic.com