Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Sat Aug 12, 2000  12:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] technical question

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, jc wrote:

> Presented in a non technical way...:)
> What is it called when there is an extra sound ? My voice is normally crystal
clear and ringy ,especially in my upper register. Sometimes however,there is a
slightly detectable static sound or
> hiss...Anyone know what this is?

It could be a sign of less-than-ideal breath management - you're releasing
too much breath. It could be caused by phlegm on the cords, which are
preventing them from coming together absolutely, so there's a bit of air
escaping. Do you have a voice teacher? If so, have you asked about the
problem?

Karen
-----
Ich sage euch: man muss noch Chaos in sich haben,
um einen tanzenden Stern gebaeren zu koennen.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html