Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Fri Aug 11, 2000  4:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Programs from NATS competitions?

Cindy D. gave some excellent advice on what NATS judges are looking for. I
say "Amen!"

>Now to your question, I don't know of any listing of repertoire which NATS stud
nt competitors have sung. Contact your district NATS officers (or check the web
site) for the requirements for compeitions. They're set out by age, years of st
udy, languages, numbers of songs and time allowed.

I am unaware of any such lists either. I do know that when I was first
startingout as a voice teacher, taking my students to NATS auditions and
judging them
myself, I kept ALL the repertoire sheets that students handed to the judges.
I took them home and studied the repertoire, making note of songs I didn't
know (which was most of them in those days!) and broadening my knowledge of
repertoire. NATS was really helpful to me as a young teacher learning my
craft.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com