Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Aug 11, 2000  1:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Check out How Can I Keep From Singing?

In a message dated 08/11/2000 2:13:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
michaelb@y... writes:

<< If I might offer one suggestion, a little bigger headshot would be nice
and generally speaking about headshots, I have learned that a lighter
background is
generally more effective for showing one's face and hair, especially if the
hair is dark in colour, as yours appears to be >>

Well, actually, it's not my headshot -- it's a photo I cadged off the
www.tenorland.com/nats website (which has pictures of all the Y2K NATS
Interns) because it was digital. My headshot WAS on a disk in a TIF file,
and does have a lighter background (although my hair then was blonder - now
it's a medium auburn) but when I tried to download that picture, the disk was
zapped!!! I can't access either of the 2 pictures on it. Don't know HOW
that happened. So I can't adjust the size of the picture without distorting
the image. I'm sure I'll receive this comment again, but until I get a new
headshot, I'll have to live with what I've got.

Thanks for your comments!

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com