Vocalist.org archive

From:  Scott Drackley <sdrackley@r...>
Date:  Fri Aug 11, 2000  4:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Duke, Britten, and repetoire

Peggy replied to Bryan's request for German Art song literature. In addition
to the great
suggestions Peggy made, I would add the new German Art song book published by
Alfred
Publishing, edited by John Glenn Paton who also edited the 26 Italian Art
Songs, Mozart and
Mendelssohn songs, etc. Looks like a good comprehensive collection with great
translations,
IPA, sources. It also comes with an accompaniment CD.

Good luck, Bryan.

Phyllis

Margaret Harrison wrote:

> Bryan Tank wrote:
>
> What are some german arts song books youd
> > reccomend?
>
> The first volume of the International Edition Schubert has the major cycles
and the best
> known songs, so that's probably a good one to start with.
>
> Also, you might want to buy the Schirmer German song anthology. It has a few
well-known
> songs from each of the major lieder composers - Schubert, Schumann, Brahms,
Strauss,
> Wolf. Not a bad way to dip into each one, and see which ones you want to buy
more of at
> first.

emusic.com