Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Wed Aug 9, 2000  8:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] What the public wants? - was "Honest" singers

--

On Wed, 09 Aug 2000 15:45:41
Michael Mayer wrote:
. Much like an athlete
>wants to perfect their body and skill to be an Olympic champion. Maybe we
>should watch the Olympics in a few weeks and see what parallels we can draw
>with ourselves.

ABSOLUTELY! I love the Olympics and I always draw SO many parallels to singing
- especially (and this obviously doesn't apply to the Summer Games) figure
skating. Because it involves the same balance between artistry and technique.
And you can just SEE how much their concentration affects what they do. If the
concentration is broken, they fall in the middle of a jump, but if they can SEE
themselves doing it, it comes off beautifully. I am struggling to maintain
that kind of concentration.

Lisa-Marie

Send your favorite photo with any online greeting!

emusic.com