Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Wed Aug 9, 2000  4:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] What the public wants? - was "Honest" singers

--

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:39:42
Dr Kevin Hollis wrote:

>When people who have not studied singing technique
>watch a good singer they make comments like :-
>"Doesn't he/she have a natural voice."
>"It's so effortless."
>This is simply because they don't 'see' the technique.

This is going a different way with this topic, but with regard to the above
statement. Does anyone else out there find, when watching "uneducated"
audiences, that effortlessness doesn't cut it? What I mean is, I tend to see
bigger ovations for singers who LOOK like they are working hard, than for
singers who don't. I believe that one of the important things about learning
technique is to NOT make it look hard. A good example of what I mean is Sarah
Brightman. Every time I see her, she looks like an 18-year-old singer, you can
see every trick she is using to move her voice around, yet she gets ovations
and accolades galore.

Just my observations!

Lisa-Marie

Send your favorite photo with any online greeting!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3375 Re: What the public wants? - was "Honest" singers Michael Mayer   Wed  8/9/2000   4 KB
3376 Re: What the public wants? - was "Honest" singers Lisa Hart   Wed  8/9/2000   2 KB
3383 Re: What the public wants? - was "Honest" singers Lisa M Olson   Wed  8/9/2000   2 KB

emusic.com