Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Tue Aug 8, 2000  5:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] My upcoming recital. just for your info

Trevor,
Thanks for your good wishes. It's a bit impromptu: as well as the
Dichterliebe there will be a Chopin Ballade by the pianist and the 3
Ariette of Bellini. Not a huge amount of stuff. We also toyed with doing
some Schubert songs that I have known for some years, and Schlummert Ein
from Bach's BWV 82, but we thought it might be heavy going for the
audience. As well as the big winter project (Winterreise) I'm also working
on some French songs, by Faure and Massenet which would have made a nice
contrast, I think. I'm also gradually putting together The Vaughan Williams
Wayfarer set, and will dig into the Schumann mine again at some point. I
still hesitate about Wolf, since he requires even greater prodigies of
commitment from accompanists, but he would deifinitely be on the distant
horizon, as would DOn Quichotte a Dulcinee and Beethoven's Adelaide, which
I'm holding off doing because another baritone here is working on it. C'est
ca! john

At 11:08 AM 8/7/00 -0700, you wrote:
>What else are you performing? What's your complete
>program?????
>I've got a recital coming up this winter and I'd be
>interested to know what all you are doing. I am a
>baritone as well.
>

>Good luck
>
>Trevor
>
>--- I AM MY OWN EVIL TWIN <BLYTHE@B...> wrote:
>> This Sunday, August 13th at 3pm in the Lorne Watson
>> Recital Hall at
>> Brandon University a recital featuring baritone John
>> Blyth and pianist
>> Donna Laube will include a performance of Schumann's
>> Dichterliebe.
>> Admission is free.
>>
>> I sheepishly admit that, though I have taken part
>> in many public
>> performances, this will be my first full recital as
>> a solo singer. john

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada