Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Aug 8, 2000  2:07 am
Subject:  Why is it so damned hard to find...

The sheet music to Songs #1 and #3 of Amy Beach opus 44? Classical Vocal
Repertoire has #3 for low voice, but has #1 only for high voice. I already
have #2 (Ah Love, but a day), but want to do the entire cycle, and want
the key to suit a contralto.

Any thoughts. I can't find these in any of my "usual" libraries - not even
the Library of Congress or University of California. I'd like to avoid
having to transpose if at all possible - but know I can do this as a last
resort.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to find low-voiced versions of the
entire Op. 44, or of the two songs I'm missing?

Karen Mercedes
-----
Ich sage euch: man muss noch Chaos in sich haben,
um einen tanzenden Stern gebaeren zu koennen.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html