Vocalist.org archive

From:  "PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
Date:  Sat Aug 5, 2000  8:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Purcell wedding song recommendations

Owain Phyfe and the New World Renaissance Band specialize in this type of music, and there are many songs on their various CDs that would be very appropriate.  One of my favorites is the traditional Sephardic piece, "La Prima Vez" which can be found on their "Odessey" album.  It's terribly romantic with an incredibly beautiful, singable melody:

The first time I saw you
I fell in love with your eyes.
From that moment I loved you,
and I shall love you to the grave.

Come closer, my dearest,
savior of my life.
Reveal your self and tell me
your life's secrets.

Of course it sings better in Sephardic:

La prima vez que te vidi
de tus ojo me enamori.
De aquel momento te ami,
Fina la tomba te amare.

Acercate me quierida,
salvadora de me vida.
Descubrite y hablame
secretos de la tu vida.

Good luck!  This sounds like a lot of fun.

Hugs,
PJ.

Astrology & New Age
Garnered Images Astrology

[ Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me, there, oh there, wher'ere I go, I leave my heart behind me. (Thomas Ford, 1607) [