Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Fri Aug 4, 2000  8:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Bass/Baritone Dicusussion...

Yes, you will find that your voice becomes "richer" and also more open the
better you use your breath. I used to sing as a baritone, and now that I
have made the switch to tenor, my middle voice range is much richer than it
ever was before, but I also have a whole higher range that wasn't there 5 or
6 years ago. The main thing is not to get too carried away with the heavy
sound. Let it happen if it's there, but don't get too indulgent :-) It
will only start you bringing your throat back into the voice production.

Not much help here, other than to say keep going, it sounds like the right
things are starting to happen.

Best wishes

Colin