Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Tue Aug 1, 2000  9:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Fwd: need help on my vocal range

Verlyn wrote:

>My professor is saying that my voice
> is not yet mature and I'm having some confusion with
> my voice range whether I'm a soprano or alto...

Welcome to the list, Verlyn! Almost no one's voice is fully mature at age 22.
Most students your age are just starting out on their vocal journey. Do not
be impatient, but study hard and learn about your voice. Let it teach you
whether you are a soprano or an alto. That is not really important now. It
is only important that you learn to sing well and care for your instrument.
All the rest will come in time. I know it's hard to wait, especially in this
fast-food, instant-credit society of ours...but some things just can't be
rushed. So listen to your teacher and do your work, and you will grow and
improve.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com