Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Raff Wilson" <tobyraff@h...>
Date:  Sat Jul 29, 2000  10:34 am
Subject:  Re: Is ice cream bad for voice?

I don't understand - did Garland and Callas eat too much ice cream?
While I'm all for "listening" to the body and avoiding things which cause
problems, I think it's very easy to become neurotic about the voice. I
remember the story (but not who told it) of operatic singers who are in very
fine voice while in rehearsal period, but who give up drinking, eating rich
food etc for their season, and who suffer vocally as a result. Too much
worrying!

Cheers,

Raff Wilson
(Cheese addict and tenor)

Very, very true. Judy Garland was a singularly exciting performer, and
Maria Callas a revered opera artist, yet I would question whether either
lady's lifestyle was healthy, vocally or otherwise.