Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Fri Jul 28, 2000  4:09 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] (unknown)

Tracey wrote:

>>Is it OK to go back & forth between
choral parts, when singing in a choir? In my day I've done soprano to
baritone & in between (small school choir) and i've always wondered if
that's damaging.

Singing different parts is not in itself damaging. I've certainly done my
share of that as well. But it is important that you make sure you are singing
healthfully, regardless of which part you are singing. Don't force your
voice if a part is demanding certain things. Just use your good habits all
the time, and you should be fine.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com