Vocalist.org archive

From:  LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Thu Jul 27, 2000  5:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] is icecream bad for voice?

Dear Friends,
I don't know about y'all, but when I scream it's bad for my voice. As far as
Ice cream is concerned though, it goes down an etirely different hole i.e.,
esophagus versus the trachea. There is no direct contact with any of the
vocal apparatus. Unless you are lactose intolerant and become one huge
flegmball, you shouldn't have a problem. Hey we all have allergies with which
to deal.
Now a brief digression:
Performers vs teachers - they are two distinct skills. Let's be rational
about this. Because someone can do one doesn't mean they can or can't do the
other. Many can do either better than most and some can do both better than
most. Some can do neither well. It's like playing vs coaching baseball.
Separate skills. Because someone was a great player doesn't ensure that they
will be a great coach. It makes it more likely that they'll have a good
knowledge of what to do, but being able to tell someone else so that they
understand is an entirely different matter.
Warmest regards,
Les

emusic.com