Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Thu Jul 27, 2000  2:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Tenor head voice (longish; or: how a ll my vocal problems vanished:))

Dre-

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? I'm amazed by your post because it
sounds (nearly) identical to my own experience, and what I am experiencing at
the moment.

I too had a break-through practice session a couple of weeks ago. The
sensation I felt was a little like my throat was open at the bottom, which is
something I've NEVER felt before. It also seemed as though the sound was
coming from the lowest part of my neck (I'm afraid I don't remember my vocal
tract anatomy very well) - the place between where the collar bones come
together. It was wierd in that I hadn't ever felt it before, but I was AMAZED
at the amount of control I had. I haven't been able to be as consistent as I
would like yet, but it comes and goes (which is better than not happening at
all). Anyway, this comes after nearly 16 years of almost constant study.
Similarly being told (or believing) that I had a small voice, and discovering
(with some great help from a teacher I trust) that I have a wide range and a
big, beautiful voice with lots of "cut".

Anyway, it was just quite amazing to read your story. It is amazing how the
universe works, isn't it? I look back, and it seems like what is happening now
could not have happened without all the little steps in between (painful as
they were.) I will turn 31 in September, and I hope it's not too late.

Lisa-Marie
(Who has gone from learning Despina to Fiordiligi, Zerlina to Donna Anna, and
nothing to Marguerite in Faust!!! *Big Grin*)
--

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3216 mirc Chat times for Australia Reg Boyle   Sun  7/30/2000   2 KB
3217 Re: mirc Chat times for Australia dogmac@r...   Sun  7/30/2000   2 KB
3218 Re: mirc Chat times for Australia Reg Boyle   Sun  7/30/2000   2 KB
3219 Re: mirc Chat times for Australia stephanie   Sun  7/30/2000   2 KB

emusic.com