Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Thu Jul 27, 2000  3:57 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Tenor head voice (longish; or: how a ll my vocal problems vanished:))

I think I agree with Laurie (although we may have
different areas of mental focus in the body) -- I have
found relaxed (open-throated) singing to be a matter
of feeling *nothing* in the throat. For me, the
sensations and mental attention are totally
concentrated on the relationship between the support
area (rib muscles, back muscles, stomach and diaphragm
areas) and the various parts of my head I focus my
resonance in (the much-debated "placement" or masque
sensations). It's almost as if there is a time-warp
connection between support and sound, with no throat
in the middle at all.

Isabelle B.

> For me the important question was one of complete
> relaxation and low
> position on the voice, feeling nothing whatsoever in
> the throat, but quite a
> lot in the chest andd stomach. And just talking in
> this very low, loose
> position.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte