Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Wed Jul 26, 2000  5:24 pm
Subject:  En: [vocalist-temporary] Re: ice cream

jacqueline/Conie wrote:

> Hi STephanie:
> I think due to the coldness of ice cream, one
> can feel an irritation that causes you to cough.
> Ever have a Mr. Misty from the Dairy Queen?
> It's pure ice with flavor and not only do you get
> a big headache if you drink too fast but you
> will feel the urge to cough.
> Also...dairy products can cause excess phlegm
> and that can catch in your throat also.
> So remember...sing first...ice cream later and
> you'll have no problem

I just remembered an interview on TV some years ago. Two actresses were
giving the interview and eating ice-cream at the same time. The interviewer
asked if that wouldn't cause any problem to them on the stage. They said
they had learned a 'technique' which I've been using eversince: instead of
swallowing the ice-cream immediately, 'chew' it ( with the tongue, rather
than the teeth ) in the mouth before. It'll get warmer before it reaches the
throat AND you'll enjoy it much longer :-)

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com