Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Jul 25, 2000  6:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] is icecream bad for voice?

In a message dated 07/25/2000 12:18:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
mightymezzo@h... writes:

<< On the other hand, STAY AWAY FROM BIG MACS! The only thing that gums me
up
consistently is the "special sauce." (I prefer to go with Jack-In-The-Box
or Wendy's anyway.) >>

My comfort food! No! Actually, I have no problem with the special sauce.
The only problem I have EVER had with a food item was the time I was supposed
to have a cocktail glass w/water in it while singing the Bolcom Cabaret Songs
(both as a prop and for liquid) - well, I forgot my bottled water and there
wasn't time to run down to the cafeteria to fill up the glass, so my pianist
gave me Sprite. GACK! I know the epiglottis keeps the cords from coming in
contact with stuff, but I felt like someone had poured raw sugar directly on
my cords!!!

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Oh, I got plenty Akhnaten, Akhnaten's plenty for me" :)

emusic.com