Vocalist.org archive

From:  "stumke.jan" <stumke.jan@w...>
Date:  Sun Jul 23, 2000  1:57 pm
Subject:  OFF: Re: Religion-Nationalism-Politics and Sexism in Music!

Reg Boyle wrote:
> I think it's interesting that in order that harmony be retained,
> mutterings and free speech have to be subject to considerable restraint
when
> simple honesty and openness together with self imposed moderation
> promises to be more productive.

Perhaps I've got it all wrong, but I feel there has been quite a lot of
moderated openness on this list so far, i.e. at least for the last months
since I first logged in. Perhaps you are referring to battles fought long
ago, when I wasn't around? I'm wondering what kind of discussion might have
sparked off your remarks...
Nevertheless, I share your opinion: a debate can only be fruitful when all
parties involved in it express themselves, in a moderate way without
insults. But that is what Common Sense is all about, isn't it?
Puzzled
Jan
Baritono not yet robusto (and even less lirico)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3108 Re: OFF: Re: Religion-Nationalism-Politics and Se Reg Boyle   Tue  7/25/2000   5 KB

emusic.com