Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa Hart" <ladyamadea@h...>
Date:  Mon Jul 17, 2000  4:27 pm
Subject:  Freeing the Body

Hi Listers.

I'm a college voice student and I have a lot of trouble getting a free,
flexible sound. My teacher has tried many techniques and some of them have
helped, but when it comes time to perform I always find myself trying to
force a good sound and thus I become tense and visibly nervous. My teacher
has mentioned the idea of becoming more comfortable with my body(and
gestures)so that I don't feel the need to commit physically to the sound,
but rather so I can simply set the mechanism and let the tone come out, and
my body is free to move with the emotions of the song.

Are there any specific exercises or techniques to help one to be more
flexible physically? Any input here is GREATLY appreciated.

Lisa Hart, mezzo-soprano
Stephen F. Austin State University

3032 Re: Freeing the Body Lisa M. Nuske   Mon  7/17/2000   3 KB
3034 Re: Freeing the Body Mezzoid@a...   Mon  7/17/2000   2 KB
3037 Re: Freeing the Body Lisa M. Nuske   Mon  7/17/2000   3 KB
3054 Re: Freeing the Body Trevor Allen   Tue  7/18/2000   4 KB

emusic.com