Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Fri Jul 14, 2000  4:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] i am new

In a message dated 7/13/00 7:40:46 PM, lovelord@i... writes:

<< I love to sing, but haven't started voice lessons due to the fact that I
get so nervous singing in front of a teacher. Actually I had a bad teacher
that said I was a high soprano but after a while I just couldn't sing the
music. She got mad, and said it was my fault, and eventually I totally lost
my voice and since then I know that I am not a soprano. But I don't want
the same thing to happen again. >>

Hello. How old are you? And when was it you were studying with the teacher
whose manner set you off from studying? I hope that you can regain your
confidence and begin to study again. In the meantime, take every opportunity
to sing and to hear singers. Ask other singers the names of their teachers
and what their lessons are like. Perhaps one of them would not mind if you
visited a lesson (with the instructor's permission, as well, of course).

Best wishes to you for continued music-making!

Lynda Lacy, Soprano
Director of Choral Activities, Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, MS
LYNDA313@a...

emusic.com