Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Fri Jul 7, 2000  3:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] vocal problems

In a message dated 07/07/2000 6:21:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
broadwayboy81@h... writes:

> My problem is that
> i cant seem to get the focus up into my nasal area while singing (at least
> not easily), therefore my throat is being strained, causeins my singinging
> to sometimes be painful. I went to the docotr and he said it did not
sound
Hi there,
Learning to sing can be so frustrating at times!!! But I think your
problem is your focus..............however, the problem is not that you can't
get your voice to focus into your nose, but that you are trying to get it to
focus in your nose. What you need to be focusing on right now is connecting
your chest voice and your head voice.......or even developing a head voice
if you don't have one. Trying to force the sound into your nose will not help
this to happen............any sensation in your face, mouth, chest etc.. is
the result of proper registration, not the way to get
there.................Ask your teacher about finding exercises for you that
will help you keep your cords closed and the proper amount of air pressure
throughout all ranges of your voice. Remember, pushing more air to get higher
notes will not help, it will only create more tension,and cause you
frustration.
Hope this helps, and Good luck,
Mary Beth Felker
Speech Level Singing Instructor

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2883 Re: vocal problems Reg Boyle   Sat  7/8/2000   4 KB

emusic.com