Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Raff Wilson" <tobyraff@h...>
Date:  Fri Jul 7, 2000  4:06 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Digest Number 164

Hullo List!

How Bach did everything he did will be always one of the great mysteries -
and one of the great gifts to humanity as well. But I'm convinced that he
was also a truly inspired teacher (beatings and all!). You just have to look
at his clutch of composing children to see that he was able to impart some
of his genius by teaching.

A short question - I have recently had very effective acupuncture treatment
for a nagging vocal huskiness on my passaggio notes - after various
ENT/speech pathology sessions (which cost a fortune) proved quite fruitless.
Has anyone else had a good experience with acupuncture for vocal problems?
I'll be inclined from now on to leave modern western medicine out when it
comes to this sort of thing (ducking!), and I highly recommend trying the
little needles for a push in the right vocal direction.

Cheers!

Raff Wilson
Sydney, Australia