Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Mon Jul 3, 2000  3:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Book "Steps to Singing"

In a message dated 7/2/00 9:52:24 PM, Marthea@a... writes:

<< All advice from fellow teachers of young voices is welcome! >>

Marthea, I taught just such a voice class this summer. I decided to teach
some things every day --- the logical ones, such as warming up the voice,
vocalises, breathing exercises, some vocal anatomy, and vocal health --- and
to buy for class use, not a textbook, but rather a good collection of song
material. Good literature is a great basis for class. I used the FOLK SONGS
FOR SOLO SINGERS (Alfred Publications), Vol. One, but any good collection
would do. These were teenagers in this class, but I believe this collection
would work for other types/ages of groups.

Best wishes for a great class.

Sincerely,

Lynda Lacy, Soprano
Director of Choral Activities, Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, MS
LYNDA313@a...

emusic.com