Vocalist.org archive

From:  stjames@l...
Date:  Sat Jul 1, 2000  9:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Tenor head voice (was: Re: Head voice range (was: Height/Range))

<< Should not I be a heavy tenor when I have such low notes?>>

I don't think so. A heavy tenor would sound very close to a lyric baritone.
Do you? I had a classmate once who was a heavy tenor, while I was a
baritone. At several occasions, our common voice teacher mistook one for the
other! For example when we sang the Oreste/Pylade duet from "Iphigénie en
Tauride", our teacher would correct one of us on a phrase that the other had
sung...

James here.....

I'm a lyric tenor (no question about that) and I too have a lower
extention, down to F and lower
using vocal fry. Lots of singers have lower or upper extentions of range
that are not the "norm"
for their voice type.

james

emusic.com