Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jacqueline/Connie" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Thu Jun 29, 2000  9:47 pm
Subject:  Re: Seth Riggs

It was quite an impressive list of students.
I know that someone like Whoopee Goldberg
who was definitely not a singer did manage to
be able to learn to sing and still sound like herself
for her Sister Act movies so obviously his method
is effective. Many of the musical theatre personalities
seem to also produce a natural tone that is
quite like their own speaking voices. I haven't
heard enough of the opera singers to say what
their voices sound like but as in all methods and
approaches...most of us experience more than
one teacher in our lifetimes and their different
approaches to the same subject matter often result
in different levels of learning. I have seen a Seth
Riggs book and accompanying CD at a local
music store. With all this conversation surrounding
his speech level singing I am curious enough to
possibly buy the book and try out his plan and see
what ensues. Being classically trained first and
then studying musical theatre it could be quite
interesting to see what happens.
Jacqueline
www.tbmall.com/slightlyoffbroadway
(gifts/costumes/classes & more)
Read my articles at:
www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre)
"There's no business like show business"

emusic.com