Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Wed Jun 28, 2000  5:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Seth Riggs, Speech Level Singing,Full Resume and Artists.

> OPERA, Selected students:
> Donald Ray Albert, Bass Bariton
> Angela Maria Blasi-Lyric Soprano, Kammersangerin*
> Rodney Gilfrey, Lyric Baritone
> Thomas McKinney, Lyric Baritone*
> Eduardo Villa, Tenor*
> James Wagner, Tenor*
> * Winner of Metropolitan National Opera Final
> Auditions in New York

I've heard of Rodney Gilfrey, but I thought he
mentioned studying with an opera teacher in San
Francisco -- I forget the name, but I don't recall it
being Seth Riggs. We could ask him; he lurks on
Opera-L and his email address is in the archives.

The others I don't recognize. I would venture to make
the presumption that Mr. Riggs' technique is more
suitable for musical theater styles than operatic
ones? Or perhaps it is good for the less "operatic"
classical sounds of a singer like Dawn Upshaw.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA