Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Tue Jun 27, 2000  10:04 pm
Subject:  renitis, jaw tension, back problems, etc

Hi, list.

I've bee having many problems with alergic renitis, jaw tension ( for
speaking ans singing ) and back problems. In fact, I think I've had them all
my life and just started noticing them when I started singing.

I've gone through speech therapy and two surgeries in the nose for sept
deviation and they haven't solved my major concern ( and what my previous
singing teacher always refered to ): having a problem breathing through the
nose and vocal problems.

I've been wearing a mouth guard to sleep and that has helped a lot with the
tension, but I still have articulatory problems opening the mouth ( it
doesn't open evenly, and when I open it a little wider it 'compensates' to
the right ).

I've gone to some dentists but now I've found out one who is really
different. He says he studied in Germany and his technique is based on the
idea that most people with the problems I refered to above breathe through
their mouths. And that's what I said I do! That is generally due to short or
sparse breastfeeding, since our suction, chewing and swallowing mechanisms
are developed in that period of our lives ( before that the baby feeds on
amniotic liquid in the mother ) and is forced, due to a 'busy mouth', to
breathe in and out through the nose. Another match: I was breastfed for some
days only!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2725 renitis, jaw tension, back problems, etc Caio Rossi   Tue  6/27/2000   4 KB
2742 Re: renitis, jaw tension, back problems, etc John Messmer, M.D.   Wed  6/28/2000   4 KB
2745 Re: renitis, jaw tension, back problems, etc Caio Rossi   Wed  6/28/2000   5 KB
2748 Re: renitis, jaw tension, back problems, etc MFoxy9795@a...   Wed  6/28/2000   2 KB
2750 Re: renitis, jaw tension, back problems, etc Caio Rossi   Wed  6/28/2000   3 KB

emusic.com