Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Mon Jun 26, 2000  10:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] score reading and perfect pitch

Fiona,
After your note here I re-read my post, and have to recall that I only
know about half a dozen people with perfect pitch, half of whom are
annoying about it, and not particularily talented; however the other half
consists of a remarkable retired prof. who has the most extraordinary grasp
of musical subtleties along with many other great qualities, a soprano with
a voice like ice cream (compliment) and a fine bass trombonist. Many people
I know have varying degrees of pitch memory and awareness: mine used to be
better when I did more choir than solo singing!
BTW some of my very best friends live in Vancouver, and one is close to
the end of a doctorate in composition at UBC. john