Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jacqueline/Connie" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Sat Jun 24, 2000  9:00 pm
Subject:  sight singing and piano skills

Just a short comment:
I must say that I am always relieved that I
studied both piano and voice (even double
majored in university) because I see how much
trouble singers have who are weak sight readers
and who can't play an instrument. And yes, many
who can play and sight read don't possess wonderful
musical skills but it's not because they play and
sight read well. Some people have the technology
to produce music but not the musicality to make
music. I really hate it when people use recordings
of famous artists to actually learn their pieces or
roles. Imitation, in my opinion, does not make a
great performer.
Just my 2cents.
Jacqueline
www.tbmall.com/slightlyoffbroadway
(gifts/costumes/classes & more)
Read my articles at:
www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre)
"There's no business like show business"

emusic.com