Vocalist.org archive

From:  janis saj <wadijedo@a...>
Date:  Sat Jun 24, 2000  12:57 pm
Subject:  my first solo

Hi listers,
Well I had my first solo last night, and I am not a happy camper. You would
have thought it was the first time I had ever sung. I was so nervous that my
hands, and knees were knocking. I was thin and squeeked on the higher notes, my
break was terrible and I know that I forgot all about breath support and
lifting of the soft pallette. I just got done watching the tape of it and it
saddened me that it was not any better especially with all the work that I put
into it. The one wonderfull thing about it was the words of the song, the bride
and groom heard the words and they were both crying. I feel like when they
watch their tape of it they are going to wonder why they cryed, they should
have been crying for a better singer. I went in their with the thought that I
AM A SINGER, and I came out feeling like less of one than I ever had. Sorry for
rambling on like this, I am looking for comfort and who best to go to than
ones that would know how I feel.
thanks for listening
Janis

$1 million in prizes! 20 daily instant winners.
AltaVista Rewards: Click here to win!
http://shopping.altavista.com/e.sdc?e=3